Saturday, January 19, 2013

Who says you can't meet great people in a bar?

About a year ago, that's exactly how I met Christine and Andrea... and incredible meals, fantastic wine and wonderful times have followed. We were three strangers that happened to attend the same cheese & spice pairing, held at a local bar. We got to chatting and realized we all live within a few miles of each other so we hatched a plan: one of us would host dinner, another would bring the wine, and the third would kick back and relax. The next week, we'd rotate.

Four days after we met, our modest little wine club had its first get together. We now have one road trip, countless (free!) wine tastings, one Bruce Springsteen concert, one new car, four revisions to our wine rating score card, one career move, one new apartment and 83 bottles of wine under our belts. I have learned that Andrea is absolutely fearless in the kitchen, Christine can saber a bottle of champagne and me... well, I have learned that unless I have a picture, I can't remember what I had to eat with that bottle of wine!

So here is a log of our explorations and adventures, a record of our journey to expand our horizons and learn from each other. Feel free to take a peek.

Welcome to The Vine Diary and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment