Friday, September 27, 2013

Wine Club 53: Hello, New Apartment

Date: September 14th, 2013
Host: Andrea
Served: mozzarella sticks, caesar salad, white lasagna, cake truffles
Bonus bottle (from the host's personal inventory): Bandit cocktails

Torres ViƱa Esmerelda Moscato 2010 (Catalunya, Spain) 11.5% alcohol, $13 at Otto's

Andrea says (16): A pale yellow color with a lime tint. My first thought on the aroma was shampoo. I could also smell floral, vanilla, peach and honey, even a little banana when I swirled the glass. The taste was nice, sweet and mild with good body. very smooth. I liked it and think that it complimented the lasagna.

Christine says (12.5): Pale lemon color. Floral and peach bouquet, with slight citrus. Wow! More tart than expected. Lemon-lime taste, medium body, medium-long finish, but not very complex. Going back, I also smelled cat urine. Though I was excited to try another 2010 Spanish wine, I was disappointed here.

Kim says (17.5): Like Andrea & Christine, I smelled peaches. Also vanilla and banana Runts... it smelled rich, creamy and smooth. I'm not sure how something can smell like a texture, but this did! When I swirled, I actually caught a whiff of alcohol which is interesting, given the alcohol content is so low. This little emerald tasted like it smelled (but without the banana). I would definitely buy this again!
 


Cantina Terlan Terlaner 2012 (Alto Adige, Italy) 60% Pinot Bianco, 30% Chardonnay, 10% Sauvignon Blanc, 13.5% alcohol, $17 at Otto's

Andrea says (16): Golden yellow. Smelled like pear, vanilla, banana, honey and floral. Higher acid than I had expected, but it was nice. Good body and nice flavor. I liked this one a little bit better than the Moscato, yet still scored them the same. Hmmm.

Christine says (19): Light, bright lemon appearance and looked a little frizzante, but it wasn't. Warm pear and baking spices, floral, very slight honey in the bouquet. It smelled SO good! Medium body, well balanced, nice streak of acidity. Very good!

Kim says (14): Smelled like lillies and upon swirling, faintly of pear. I thought this wine had stronger tannins and acid than the Esmerelda and... uh, well that's all I wrote. Maybe it deserved a higher score because I was apparently too busy drinking it to write anything down!








Kim says: I bought a box of Bandit Sangria as a mini-housewarming gift for Andrea, who was generous enough to share it! And after the first round, magical Christine whipped up some killer cocktails! Such a wonderful treat... good thing that everything she rattled off the top of her head, Andrea had in stock!





No comments:

Post a Comment