Monday, February 23, 2015

Wine Club 63: We're Back, Bitches!

Date: May 17th, 2014
Host: Andrea
Served: Stuffed flank steak, proscuitto breadsticks, caesar salad, potato medley, hummingbird cupcakes

Arquero Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 (Spain) 13% alcohol, $6.50 at Piggly Wiggly

Andrea says (16.5): A very pretty ruby-berry color. The first thing that I could smell was alcohol. But eventually I could smell berries, raisins, currant, and spices. The taste was nice, strawberry, raspberry and raisin. A good wine, I'd drink it again, but nothing to write home about.

Christine says (14): Smelled of sweet spices, cherries, plums, and a little bit like toasted marshmallows. Some herby taste, cherries, thinner body, medium finish. 

Kim says: Well, on orders from my neurosurgeon, I was to abstain from alcohol for six months to allow a reasonable amount of time for my brain to heal from my stroke. But I could still eat Andrea's delicious food! This was an amazing meal, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!




Christine says: Lookit these little cuties! We were dying of cuteness overload looking at them. Too bad they grow up.




2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back! I just joined some silly wine club-which just means I get wine delivered to my house. My first bottle I have tried was Cowtown 2012 Paso Robles-Cabernet Sauvignon....which I love cabernet. Was not in love with this-it was meh. As you would say-nothing to write home about. Andrea I want that recipe for the flank steak!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AG!
      Andrea went all out for this meal, and it was fantastic! And very ingenious... she found mix-and-match recipies for the cupcakes... pair the cake with the frosting of your choice. Yum!

      The "Served" headers in our posts are usually hyperlinks... if you click on "Stuffed Flank Steak" it should display the recipe.

      I also love big, bold reds... hopefully you will come across one that is better than meh! :)
      Kim

      Delete