Saturday, September 12, 2015

Wine Club 66: Slow Cooker & Bread Machine

Date: September 12, 2014
Host: Christine
Served:

Green Fin White Table Wine 2011 (CA, USA) 11% alcohol, $5 at Trader Joe's

Christine says (12): comments pending

Kim says (14.5):Wonderful smell of pear, fruit, floral... specifically lilacs and other purple flowers (maybe freesia or hosta). Surprised by the contrast in taste... slightly tart, and lacked complexity on the finish.

Andrea says (17): Golden yellow color. Smelled nice! Like honey, lemon, clover and floral. I liked the taste but could only really place honey as a flavor. Nice body, nice tartness, nice acid. An overall winner. I'd definitely drink this again.









Small Vineyards Discovery Chianti 2010 (Italy) 12.5 % alcohol, $10 on sale at Waterford
75% Sangiovese

Christine says (8): comments pending

Kim says (12.5): Aroma of vanilla and spice, faint rot when I swirled (but I didn't make a note of whether this was good or bad... for instance, could have just been the smell of wet leaves in the fall). But I have the feeling since I didn't expand on my thought, that it was bad rot.. I did penalize the finish a bit because it lacked complexity... finish was long due to acid.

Andrea says (12): Blood red color. Smelled earthy and dusty. I got a little brown sugar, bacon, and currant. I tasted pie cherries and cranberry. Sort of tart. Thin bodied, not my favorite.












No comments:

Post a Comment